• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ceramic tile ?

Marilynntatiana

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, new beardie mom here and I have a few questions. He’s about 3 months old. I keep seeing he’s okay with his hot side being at 110 degrees but I’m a little reluctant. I put in ceramic tiles but it seemed to get too hot. His hot side was 107 and his cool side was 77 but he was laying on the floor. Not moving. No doing anything for a couple hours. I’m afraid it’s burning his tummy. I’ve only had him a few day’s but he hasn’t really eaten much. Neither. Is his temps okay. Idk what to do to make him feel more comfy. Also, is it normal for a new beardie to not eat as much. Only have had him 4 days and he’s only eaten a few crickets here and there. I put in the tiles yesterday and last night I noticed the 107 temp. Before that his cool side was 74 and hot side 95.

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello, new beardie mom here and I have a few questions. He’s about 3 months old. I keep seeing he’s okay with his hot side being at 110 degrees but I’m a little reluctant. I put in ceramic tiles but it seemed to get too hot. His hot side was 107 and his cool side was 77 but he was laying on the floor. Not moving. No doing anything for a couple hours. I’m afraid it’s burning his tummy. I’ve only had him a few day’s but he hasn’t really eaten much. Neither. Is his temps okay. Idk what to do to make him feel more comfy. Also, is it normal for a new beardie to not eat as much. Only have had him 4 days and he’s only eaten a few crickets here and there. I put in the tiles yesterday and last night I noticed the 107 temp. Before that his cool side was 74 and hot side 95.
I wouldn’t keep the basking side so hot. Maybe around 100 for the temp. The cool side is perfect. I would get rid of the ceramic tiles or put down a grass mat you can buy at the stores. That will help. And your beardie may just be scared of his new home. So I would give it some time and see if he eats more. Think about giving him a Mat and NO floor heaters. The tiles may act like one for him/her

Marilynntatiana

Bearded Dragon Egg
I wouldn’t keep the basking side so hot. Maybe around 100 for the temp. The cool side is perfect. I would get rid of the ceramic tiles or put down a grass mat you can buy at the stores. That will help. And your beardie may just be scared of his new home. So I would give it some time and see if he eats more. Think about giving him a Mat and NO floor heaters. The tiles may act like one for him/her
Thank you. I have since replaced the tiles with a sand mat.

Curry’s owner

Bearded Dragon Egg
Congrats on the new addition. We’ve had our dragon about a year now. The first 6 months were stressful. He is on slate tiles. I honestly don’t know how people use anything else. He also stopped wanting to eat much so we took him to the vet and he had a parasite. To get rid of it we had to medicate home but also clean his cage with a bleach solution. Obviously this works best since he’s on tile. I also removed anything that couldn’t be sanitized. He just came down with them again and had to be medicated. So now to prevent this from happening I sanitize his cage every 2 weeks and after he poops.
i agree with the basking side being closer to 100. I keep a structure under his heat lamp that makes it so he can get as close to or far away from the heat lamp as he wants. Works well.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Please post pics of the tank and lighting