• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ceramic Tile?!

ToriH

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have been using repti-chip but have recently noticed tiny bugs in the cage (that have not effected my beardie) and want to change to ceramic tile. I want to do the cage full ceramic, is that a good idea? I also know to disinfect for the bugs btw. Also where do you get your ceramic tiles? And does the cage need to be a certain temp so they don't overheat? Thank you!

averyhanna_

Bearded Dragon Veteran
good choice on switching, loose substrate is never a good idea for beardies. i just switched from carpet to tile, and i got mine for lowes! they were super helpful and helped me pick easy to clean tiles and cut them for me. you’ll want one with a bit of traction so your beardie doesn’t slip. good luck!

ToriH

Bearded Dragon Egg
good choice on switching, loose substrate is never a good idea for beardies. i just switched from carpet to tile, and i got mine for lowes! they were super helpful and helped me pick easy to clean tiles and cut them for me. you’ll want one with a bit of traction so your beardie doesn’t slip. good luck!
How do you find one with good traction? I've heard of people using sand paper...