• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Caterpillars

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
some people consider silks or horns capitillars. Other than those........no.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've personally never heard of feeding them caterpillars, but they do eat worms (like silkworms, superworms, etc.) I can tell you, if you're thinking of getting caterpillars from outside, the answer is absolutely not. There are far too many insecticides and toxins sprayed in our outdoors for bugs to get into. I certainly don't want to offer anything to my pets that could harm them.

JustaV

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
No the pet store has canned mealworms, superworms, butterworms crickets and caterpillars...was just curious

they have live Caci worms...never heard of them any opinions???

How many wax and super worms can i feed a 4 mth old beardie and how often?

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
JustaV said:

I wouldn't feed any wax and super worms to a 4-month old beardie just yet. Wax worms are far too fatty and supers are to be considered more of a treat as they can get addicted to them as well. There are far better staples out there like hornworms and silkworms. You might try getting some online.

Personally, I don't ever feed dehydrated bugs in a can to my pets. They've been robbed of all their nutrition....and can never rival that of a live bug.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep, I'd stay away from the cans. It's like feeding a jelly donut to your beardie. Live proteins and salad are the best.

Here's a link to our caresheet. Give it a read. it goes over all the bugs and salad fixings for your beardie.
Bearded Dragon Care

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
JustaV said:
No the pet store has canned mealworms, superworms, butterworms crickets and caterpillars...was just curious

they have live Caci worms...never heard of them any opinions???

calci worms are another term for phoenix worms they make a good semi staple/treat

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Dubia roaches make a great staple too. My dragon won't eat crix anymore but he loves his roaches.