• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Castle the Dragon

Castle2021

Bearded Dragon Egg
CB0640F4-D5C2-47AD-92DE-6F3F3CE7D514.jpeg

Meet Castle! He’s my first bearded dragon, he’s a baby, and so far I’ve noticed he’s a bit on the shy side. This is only day 2 of our forever.

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
View attachment 26226
Meet Castle! He’s my first bearded dragon, he’s a baby, and so far I’ve noticed he’s a bit on the shy side. This is only day 2 of our forever.
He looks so cute mine is 3 and a half months old I got him in December. Welcome to the fourm people are sooo helpful here I have already gotten so much great advice to give frank(my dragon) the best life ever

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
View attachment 26226
Congrats on your new beardie. Some Hot/Impt tips: NO colored or coiled bulbs ever. NO sand as a substrate use white terry cloth towels u can buy a bag from Home Depot; they are gr8 so u can clean up the poop rite away; tank needs to be super duper clean or they can get Coccidia; runny smelly poop bacteria in their tummy which is like lice & is deadly & needs a vet. U need the zoomed CLEAR basking bulb for Heat & the Reptisun 10.0 T5 for UVB. It’s a long tubular bulb that needs replacing every 6Mnths religiously. Order it from Amazon the length U order should cover 70 percent of the tank. Without uvb, they can’t eat, walk, bones will get brittle, he will get the tremors, shakes and seizures & will eventually die. Also a digital themometer & digital hygrometer those are the only accurate ones. For now hus temp should be 105-110; 105 is good. As he turns 9mtnhs or so and approaches adult; he needs 95-100. More like 97. Humidity always 30-40 never higher than 40. He needs a hide to get away from the uvb when he wants; I use a hammock & I place a soft terry cloth on it so underneath is his shade/hideaway. Also place a soft fleece blanket underneath on the ground level so he is comfy when resting or lounging they love it. Along w/a hammock behind his basking spot as a lesser warmer area to lounge as well. They love watching things/tv; Soft- mellow shows like friends/etc. They hate violence or loud noise so be mindful. Also he looks very thin; at this age up until 5mnths u feed lots of proteins 4-5 times/day crickets & Dubias are the best. U feed till he stops eating and try and keep the same feeding times. At 3mnths of age move to medium crickets and larger as he turns 7mnths or so. When he turns 5mnths or so feed 3 times a day and at a year of age twice/day on the proteins & then after a year u can feed proteins once per day like 10-12 large crickets/day or 15-20 every other day or 6-7 superworms or so but always the greens and veggies for life. Always dust the proteins in calcium powder (Repcal) only once per day 4tomes per week and once per week on a non calcium day with herptivite vitamin powder. Sprinkle the powder like salt on fries till they are lightly dusted/powdered. Make a teeny small knife slit in the container & sprinkle it on the crickets in a ziplock bag & shake it. Never ever feed bottled food/pellets or mealworms; the worms are cheap feeder & it impacts them & ruins their tummy. Also, superworms amd hornworms are amazing but wait till after he turns a year old; coz their digestive tract cannot Handle them any sooner and feed as treats or in moderation coz they are high in fat. Also; starting now feed greens/veggies; a fresh plate twice per day: otherwise he will never eat them as he gets older; Do 2-3 of each: the best everyday ones are: mustard greens, collard greens, dandelions, yellow squash( has lots of calcium), butternut squash, endives, green beans and snap peas. U can also do red bell peppers here and there. Cut them all up/dice them to bite size as he gets older u can do bigger pieces. Fruits as treats a few times a week blueberries and papayas. Baths 2times per week; in dechlorinated lukewarm water for 15min minimum; buy Reptisafe if u don’t have a filter system at the house. Chlorine harms their skin and dries it out to make them itch severely. If he’s shedding mite baths it helps relieve the itching and helps the skin fall off quicker. Never pull it off they can bleed. U can rub him softly w/a Toothbrush in the bath & play soft meditation music to relax him; they love it. At nite pure dark and quiet like a human when they sleep; NO lites at all. As a baby till he turns 7mnths at nite in the winter u can use a ceramic heat emitter; which emits heat and no light. Place it a few inches to the left or right of his body where he sleeps for warmth. As he gets older only use the ceramic heat emitter in the winter.