• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

cant seem to find any really dark or black bearded dragons

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
i really wish i could find an all black or some dark colored bearded dragon ive seeen like 4 pic but cant find anyone that has any for sale dose anyone know where i could find such a dragon

SxDx1986

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
youre best bet is really looking anywhere.a petsmart in concord delaware had all black babies but yknow babies are likely to change but might not.they were really really dark too

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
oh man thats cool i found a breeder his web site is dragons bowl .com but he has an all black adult male sooo im hoping he produces some black babies

SxDx1986

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
i know alot of people who are snobs boycott places like petco but honestly the animals only as good as its owner raises it.its cool you found a breeder though.i bought my two beardies from a petco and theyre healthy as can be.and youre bound to find different morphs at chain stores as much as you are breeders.ive always wanted a black one myself but to be quite honest as babies the colors are always more severe and theyll more than likely fade to a greyish color lol..red morphs seem to be the only ones that keep a dominant color trait most of the time as well as the ones thatre super yellow

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
that is very true it reallyis dependant on the genes but as far as normals go they soften up alot and loose cool paterns sometimes atleast ive also notices in every color dragon that the pattern can sometimes completely deminish as adults but color usually brightens

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
A black or melanistic dragon truly hasnt been produced yet. I know of several breeders trying but I dont think it will ever happen due to genetic diversity.
As far as petco quality vs a breeder I will put my money on a breeder anyday of the week. Thats not to say you wont get lucky at a petco, but its more luck than any quality control on their part.

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
yep ive been sticking to breeders but of corse my very first is from petco but with breeders its a comphort of knowing who took care of them and there genes anad colors and overall beter health and temperment but hey definately look up the dragons bowl adn look at his breeders page its a male named big black

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I took a look. He is impressive if thats his real color. I have seen "black" dragons, but they where kept on black calci sand and where dyed black from the sand.

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
oh man thats true i got the bearded dragons in captivity professional breeder series book and they recomend calci sand but alot of other people say its really bad how do you feel but i did also find southern bearded dragons post a baby phantom black leather back as tey called it and am thinking of getting one but like you and many others have said thir color can fade i atatched a pic do you think this coloration will stay

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
heres the pic it didnt post the first time

Attachments

• black leather baby.JPG
    black leather baby.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 266

Steffaney

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i really wish i could find an all black or some dark colored bearded dragon ive seeen like 4 pic but cant find anyone that has any for sale dose anyone know where i could find such a dragon
I breed Japanese Silver Backs, they are dark in color and very beautiful, pretty much patterless. I should have babies this year. They are usually like a charcoal color, but sometimes they become a light color, and other times they are just black. Very very unique. This is my male Ajax.

Attachments

• JAX.jpg
    JAX.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 211