• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can I feed Dubia Roaches Flucker's cricket food?

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
I am feeding it to the ones I just bought from someone here local until the good stuff I ordered online comes in...I hope it's ok to feed them. It says on the label it can be fed to feeders. I'm supplementing them with veggies too.

stoned philosopher

Bearded Dragon Egg
OK so i guess it should be fine if there's veggies as well...

It's just I have nearly a whole bottle of the stuff and I want to avoid large quantities of crickets in my house since they stink up rather quickly, even thought I clean out there box every 3 days and replenish food and water supply as well as take out the dead ones.

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
I don't plan on using it long term...just until the stuff I ordered comes in. Also...try putting a few fresh mint leaves in your crix tank it will help with smell :)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
A good Gutload, is a good Gutload! - & can be used for both Crix or Roaches.

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
Any ideas about spent grains? I brew my own beer can I grind that up and feed it to my dubia colony.

Dubia can eat a lot of things. I don't think anyone has ever asked your question though. :D I would think as long as they aren't toxic to insects you should be ok, but it's hard to say if they will go after them. My colony loves bread, so who knows?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Any ideas about spent grains? I brew my own beer can I grind that up and feed it to my dubia colony.
I am really unsure how much nutrition would be left in 'Spent' grains, don't think it would be my choice as a gutload anyway.

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
I am really unsure how much nutrition would be left in 'Spent' grains, don't think it would be my choice as a gutload anyway.

Ah yes, if the question was about gut-loading I agree 100%. Apologies, as I interpreted the question as can they eat them, but this thread is about gut-loading. :D