• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can I feed a bearded dragon scrambled eggs?

Natalie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I have heard that Dragons can eat and love scrambled eggs. Is this true? And is it safe to feed them scrambled eggs?

joshjack90

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i have heard they can, but idk if its safe. Maybe in small amounts. i wouldnt feed it alot either. stick with bugs and greens for a staple:)

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
not being smart but whens the last time you saw a bearded dragon at the ihop ordering breakfast?
lol richard. A BD will eat almost anything you put in front of them good or bad. I wouldnt feed them eggs.

Natalie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok. Good to know. I haven't fed him any eggs just wondered if it was a good idea, because we ran out of crickets and the pet store was closed Sunday and today because it was a holiday. We fed him more veggies and he ate them. I also had some meal worms in the fridge that he ate. I Had heard eggs were good to feed them and also saw a you tube video where a guy claiming to be a reptile guru said it was a good food source for them. Ace will have crickets tomorrow. He went a day and a half without the crickets. I hope that's ok for him.

Natalie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
And fyi I Didn't run out of crickets for lack of planning. I dropped our cricket tank and they went everywhere! They went down my heating vent. I caught as many as I could but Many are free in my vents now. :( Lame!

Missy

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Mine ate some scrambled egg once off of the floor, thanks to the youngest. He turned out fine. I add nothing to my eggs (salt, pepper, ketchup, hot sauce or cheese). Just plain ol' scrambled eggs. I don't see it hurting them if its a few tidbits and a RARE thing. Like a yummy treat, maybe once a month or more.

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Mine like a little bit of raw mince beef or a little bit of cooked chicken - very seldom do they get it but once in a while yeah we give them a little bit as a treat. I was also told by our vet that if we made up some scrambled egg without putting milk and seasoning in it we could give it to them as extra protein. This was after Dusty had been laying constantly to try to build her back up, she wasnt too keen tho and she hasnt had it since :)