• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can Beardies Live Off of Freeze-Dried Crickets?

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Egg
I had been researching various feeders when I came across a few issues. One: I live in a very harsh climate with random temperature drops. This means that any feeders I order probably won't make it. My local pet stores only sell crickets in packs of one or two servings. The next problem is that I don't want the noise, smell, or escape issues that live feeders pose. Then, low and behold, I came across the concept of freeze-dried insects. If I can get my future dragon to eat freeze-dried crickets, could he live off of them? The brands I'm eyeing all provide reasonably priced crickets that were gut loaded shortly before being frozen. Would feeding these long-term be okay?

Sosemisa

Hatchling Dragon
I know most people use freeze dried feeders as emergency food, but does anyone here use them as staples?
I heard that they don’t like it as much. They like live ones. So they can hunt and it will be like a replica of the wild. So I would highly reccomend using live ones. I’m not sure about freeze dried ines

averyhanna_

Juvenile Dragon
live food is best! i haven’t heard anyone use them as staples, but i know live is better and they may not eat it if it’s not moving. you can look into other feeders such as dubia roaches or bsfl!

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks, I should be able to supply live feeders at least spring through fall, not sure if I can in the winter because it could be mild or there could be severe blizzards. July and August might be too hot for them to arrive alive.

Latest posts