• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can a beardie eat a Butterfly pea flower?

Callmeiam05

Bearded Dragon Egg
Is butterfly pea flower edible to bearded dragon?
Mine accidentally ate those flowers,
But until now, my beardies are just fine.

download.jpeg

This kinda flower. (photo took from google)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Is butterfly pea flower edible to bearded dragon?
Mine accidentally ate those flowers,
But until now, my beardies are just fine.

View attachment 24011
This kinda flower. (photo took from google)
I dont know but it he is not showing signs of being ill it is probably ok but I would not do it again until you find out for sure
check this website out at the bottom of it is list of plants etc is a list of safe plants I dont know if that is on it
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Tests have shown that the butterfly pea flower is not poisonous. However, I don't recommend allowing your beardie to eat any more of it. Too much of it may have bad side effects, such as an overdose on certain vitamins.
Pea Flower is safe for humans. It can be made into tea and can be found in some unusual desserts. Keep watch for any change in your beardie's poop, activity, etc.