• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bump on beardie chin, very itchy

jodygrindle

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please help!! BISCUIT my beardie has a bump on his chin and I don't know what it is. Very itchy!! I'm enclosing a pic.

Attachments

• 20230221_123532.jpg
    20230221_123532.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Please help!! BISCUIT my beardie has a bump on his chin and I don't know what it is. Very itchy!! I'm enclosing a pic.
What is hanging out of his mouth? Has he been glass surfing in the tank ? Please get some raw unpasteurized honey on it - do not feed crickets in the tank if you are feeding them -- they will go straight for the mouth -- I am gonna get some help w/ this --

jodygrindle

Bearded Dragon Egg
What is hanging out of his mouth? Has he been glass surfing in the tank ? Please get some raw unpasteurized honey on it - do not feed crickets in the tank if you are feeding them -- they will go straight for the mouth -- I am gonna get some help w/ this --
Nothing is han
Yes, he surfs but I take him out quickly

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am sorry it looks like a piece of string--- it could be from the glass surfing -- please get some of the honey I posted above on it - it will promote healing -- make sure your using a good UVB no coils please - the UVB and the honey will heal the sore hes got going --

jodygrindle

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am sorry it looks like a piece of string--- it could be from the glass surfing -- please get some of the honey I posted above on it - it will promote healing -- make sure your using a good UVB no coils please - the UVB and the honey will heal the sore hes got going --
Thank you!!!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you!!!
I heard back from another person I reached out to this is what she has said
Looks like a significant gouge, not what you'd usually see from glass surfing. Can you post pics of the entire set up ? If Biscuit was not injure in the cage, does he roam in the house sometime ? The raw honey is a good idea but if there's an actual hole there and it gets worse it would be good to see a vet at that point.
If you need me to post a website for a vet I can do that - it will help you find one --

jodygrindle

Bearded Dragon Egg
I heard back from another person I reached out to this is what she has said
Looks like a significant gouge, not what you'd usually see from glass surfing. Can you post pics of the entire set up ? If Biscuit was not injure in the cage, does he roam in the house sometime ? The raw honey is a good idea but if there's an actual hole there and it gets worse it would be good to see a vet at that point.
If you need me to post a website for a vet I can do that - it will help you find one --
Yes, he romes around the house alot.

Attachments

• 20230223_123146.jpg
    20230223_123146.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10

jodygrindle

Bearded Dragon Egg
I see your uvb is on top of screen - is that a T 5 or a T 8 and your screen is it a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide holed?
Wide holes. I'm not sure if it's T5 or T8. I know it's 54 watts. Just got it a week ago

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I already ordered the raw honey
Ok so do you have the brand? Please look on the bulb itself or the box and show me please this is crucial for the distance and placement of the bulb -- bulbs are not all the same some are not as good as others --

jodygrindle

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so do you have the brand? Please look on the bulb itself or the box and show me please this is crucial for the distance and placement of the bulb -- bulbs are not all the same some are not as good as others --
Repti Zoo, T5, 54 watts

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Repti Zoo, T5, 54 watts
Ok so keep the fixture change the bulb out please to a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia 12% bulb - these are really good bulbs -- the Retpizoo is sketchy -- for a 24" fixture your gonna want a 22" bulb - you need to have a piece of basking decor directly underneath the UVB 8-10 inches -- that is w/ the bulbs I recommended --

jodygrindle

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so keep the fixture change the bulb out please to a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia 12% bulb - these are really good bulbs -- the Retpizoo is sketchy -- for a 24" fixture your gonna want a 22" bulb - you need to have a piece of basking decor directly underneath the UVB 8-10 inches -- that is w/ the bulbs I recommended --

Here's a pic after I cleaned it, looks better...