• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bulb Wattage

physalia

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi there,
I’m in the process of setting up a new home for a baby bearded dragon. I’ve been doing my research, which I must say this forum is VERY helpful so thank you.

I have questions about wattage for basking bulbs. Since we’re getting a baby, we’re planning on getting a 20g long. What would be the proper wattage for a basking bulb? Thanks again :)

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi there,
I’m in the process of setting up a new home for a baby bearded dragon. I’ve been doing my research, which I must say this forum is VERY helpful so thank you.

I have questions about wattage for basking bulbs. Since we’re getting a baby, we’re planning on getting a 20g long. What would be the proper wattage for a basking bulb? Thanks again :)
Welcome to the forum and happy to hear that you have gotten good info here as we really do try to do so.
So you know it won't be too long before the 20L is too small right? IMO I would get his/her full tank 40g breeder just provide plenty of hiding spots.. I mean it's alot of $ to set up things so why do it a couple of times you know.. In smaller tanks it makes it kinda hard to get temps right.
so for example for my 40's I use 50 watt basking bulbs my UVB is Reptisun T5 HO 10.0
Just saying that's my opinion.