• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Building a Vivarium

Aubs15

Hatchling Dragon
Hi everyone! I currently have Skeeter in a 40g breeder but it’s in a bedroom in the house that doesn’t get much foot traffic so I’ve been playing with the idea of building him his own enclosure. I think I like the idea of taking an old cabinet or tv stand and converting it into something that will work for him and that I can place in our living room tall enough that the dogs wouldn’t bug him too much. Although he seems to enjoy watching the dogs run around. I’ve looked at some people who do custom enclosures but they are super expensive. I was wondering if anyone has done this and if you would have any pictures or pointers or tips for me? I’ve been doing a ton of research and have started shopping around for a used piece of furniture that I think would work I just can’t seem to find anything that I like enough yet. Thanks in advance for any tips and help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi, there are a few posts in this section that show people building their own vivs, either from scratch or from old TV cabinets etc, you will need to have a good look. If you have the skills, then DIY is a good way to save money. Finding an existing piece of furniture with the right dimensions may be a hassle, but keep looking and you will find something eventually. If ,for example you find a cabinet to convert, just make sure after removing all of the internal structure that it is strong enough, you may have to add braces. It may be easier to build one from scratch, but that will depend on your skill level with such things. Good luck, let us see how you get on