• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Building a Beardie Tank

Ciera

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I am taking an old dresser and making it a tank for my beardie monster. The Dresser will be about the same as a 75 gallon tank so plenty big. However, I am buildiing it which I have never done before. SO I guess my question is if I use the top draws cut a hole big enough for the lamp(s) will it get too hot in the draw and catch fire? I know most of the heat will be going down into the tank but the top of those lamps get pretty dag on hot should I drill holes in the top so some heat can escape or will it be fine?

Gsxrsteve4101

Bearded Dragon Egg
I would use wire for the top if possible, i just finished building a monster size tank for my 2 beardies (it's about 450 gallons in size upper and lower). Anyways, yea i wouldn't trust having that constant high temp on a wooden surface.

grayliz

Bearded Dragon Egg
Try cutting out the bottom and getting some
wire mesh to stretch over and staple where the bottom would be. My husband did that to build the lid for his tegu tank, and it’s been working really well. Just make sure you staple securely so that it holds the weight. Alternately you could maybe put the drawer in upside down and hang the light from a hook on the now top of the drawer?