• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bsfl not good

Jenndaggett530

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a beardie who is now 7months and got him from petco. He has survied on crickets and meal worms. I know melalworms can cause impaction. He has been pooping at leat 2x day,formed,no issues. No undigested mealworms noticed. He eats his greens to. So i alternate with mealworms and crickets and was looking inyo roaches,but figured i try some bsfl. I bought 1/2 inch bfsl from the critter depot, 500. I gave about 30,yesterday and he ate them, but then went to bed 2 hrs early. So I figure maybe food coma. The next day he had some meal worms but after that, he laid with his stomach flat in an area I have not seen him lay,since I have had him.I got worried, he then pooped and looked better. So today I only gave him a few and now we are back to laying flat on his stomach. Could he be so used to the othe insects,that the bsfl is giving him a stomach ache??? I feel bad. He still will eat when I give him food. Nothing like thus was happening until I introduced the bsfl.

Attachments

• 20220922_172228.jpg
    20220922_172228.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a beardie who is now 7months and got him from petco. He has survied on crickets and meal worms. I know melalworms can cause impaction. He has been pooping at leat 2x day,formed,no issues. No undigested mealworms noticed. He eats his greens to. So i alternate with mealworms and crickets and was looking inyo roaches,but figured i try some bsfl. I bought 1/2 inch bfsl from the critter depot, 500. I gave about 30,yesterday and he ate them, but then went to bed 2 hrs early. So I figure maybe food coma. The next day he had some meal worms but after that, he laid with his stomach flat in an area I have not seen him lay,since I have had him.I got worried, he then pooped and looked better. So today I only gave him a few and now we are back to laying flat on his stomach. Could he be so used to the othe insects,that the bsfl is giving him a stomach ache??? I feel bad. He still will eat when I give him food. Nothing like thus was happening until I introduced the bsfl.
Your dragon is doing the pancake look- it's their way of relaxing -- it is normal behavior-- coinsidence