• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brumation?

Slawson22

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello Everyone

My Gobi boy is about 2 years old. He has been in his hide (on the side with his heat lamp) for a few days now. Is he brumating do u think? Am I supposed to keep his light cycle going? I’m confused on why he wld brumate during summer? Any information would help me a ton, he is my first bearded dragon.

Thanks
Sarah

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello Everyone

My Gobi boy is about 2 years old. He has been in his hide (on the side with his heat lamp) for a few days now. Is he brumating do u think? Am I supposed to keep his light cycle going? I’m confused on why he wld brumate during summer? Any information would help me a ton, he is my first bearded dragon.

Thanks
Sarah
Please go over the uvb your using coil or tube and surface basking temps-- how are you taking them? Please no stick ons- we need to start there to hen move on to other things-

Slawson22

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please go over the uvb your using coil or tube and surface basking temps-- how are you taking them? Please no stick ons- we need to start there to hen move on to other things-
Hi Sadie - uvb is a tube w a reflector. I use probes for taking temps. All the husbandry seems correct.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi Sadie - uvb is a tube w a reflector. I use probes for taking temps. All the husbandry seems correct.
Ok the uvb is a T 5 or T 8 and where in the tank? T 8 's need to be in the tank

Slawson22

Bearded Dragon Egg
It

is in the tank. It’s a 5.

9C8AF0B9-9C8A-4114-97FF-C12DB1A881AA.jpeg

Attachments

• F7621241-16D5-49D9-9985-800926FB12BE.jpeg
    F7621241-16D5-49D9-9985-800926FB12BE.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 4

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How old is the bulb? Please make sure the distance is 12-15 inches directly over the basking decor- I would move your log over under it if the distance is 12 or higher- husbandry is ruled out--- have you had a fecal done for parasites? If not you might want to take a fecal in to rule that out- its only been a few days continue to watch his behavior - is he eating? basking at all ? It may be nothing and just him - keep track if his weight if he has stopped eating and get a weight on him - kitchen food scale weigh in grams- they do go off their food from time to time - is he shedding? there are a lot of reasons dragons will hide for a while which send us into a frenzy not knowing why

Slawson22

Bearded Dragon Egg
How old is the bulb? Please make sure the distance is 12-15 inches directly over the basking decor- I would move your log over under it if the distance is 12 or higher- husbandry is ruled out--- have you had a fecal done for parasites? If not you might want to take a fecal in to rule that out- its only been a few days continue to watch his behavior - is he eating? basking at all ? It may be nothing and just him - keep track if his weight if he has stopped eating and get a weight on him - kitchen food scale weigh in grams- they do go off their food from time to time - is he shedding? there are a lot of reasons dragons will hide for a while which send us into a frenzy not knowing why
The bulb is about 4 months old. I originally did have the log under there but it was to close.

I’ve never had a fecal done but he’s never had running stinky poop or anything. He weighs over 500 grams. He hasn’t come out of his hide to do anything, he’s just been asleep.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The bulb is about 4 months old. I originally did have the log under there but it was to close.

I’ve never had a fecal done but he’s never had running stinky poop or anything. He weighs over 500 grams. He hasn’t come out of his hide to do anything, he’s just been asleep.
Please get the UVB back in the tank and distance 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor - after doing this please watch his behavior

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
UVB is in the tank
ok sorry - make sure you have a distance of 12-15 inches --- this can cause them to go into a brumation like behavior along w/ your temps in the tank - you dont want them too cool during the day time -