• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brumation time for Hef.

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Hef has definitely started the dreaded brummation. He's not wanting to eat and just lays there like vege
uploadfromtaptalk1470457179762.jpg
table dip. He was like this for 5 months last time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hef has definitely started the dreaded brummation. He's not wanting to eat and just lays there like vegeView attachment 15185table dip. He was like this for 5 months last time.

Poor Hef! I hope this year won't be as long as last year. 5 months is a long time to brumate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I think anytime I'm not sure. Ya he looks annoyed Hef was 6 mos or so the first time. He still cuddles so I'm good..

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh no Hef :( well I sure hope it's not long... silly boy

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I think anytime I'm not sure. Ya he looks annoyed Hef was 6 mos or so the first time. He still cuddles so I'm good..

He does still cuddle during this time? That's great to hear!! Do you sleep with Hef?

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I can't sleep with him I have dogs and cats. Ya he still cuddles and loves to be held ..

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I can't sleep with him I have dogs and cats. Ya he still cuddles and loves to be held ..

My Wally just started to cuddle with me 2 nights ago for the first time and I found myself wanting to hold him after I put him to bed! Lol

I too have cats and can't let him sleep in my bed. I was just curious if anyone did sleep with their beardie.

My question to you is once they start this cuddle at night do they anyways do that? I love the cuddle at night now! I want to hold him all day long but I don't cuz I know he needs the lights and sun.

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Hef always wants to cuddle at night. I've NEVER heard anyone say my dragon doesn't want to cuddle anymore. We all have very similar bed time routines. I put a pillowcase on my chest and fold it over him .After a few minutes I feel him scooch down and he's out like a light.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hef always wants to cuddle at night. I've NEVER heard anyone say my dragon doesn't want to cuddle anymore. We all have very similar bed time routines. I put a pillowcase on my chest and fold it over him .After a few minutes I feel him scooch down and he's out like a light.

Awwww how adorable!! Hef is lucky to have you.

Wally is almost 16 weeks old. I have been trying to get him to cuddle but every night so far he was too active to sit still so I would have to put him back in his enclosure. 2 nights ago when I was putting him back in the enclosure he turned and jumped onto the back of my hand. It was the most adorable thing I've ever seen and it warmed my heart. So I snuggled with him for about an hour. I don't know how long to cuddle. So last night after bath I wrapped him up in a dry hand towel and he fell asleep on my chest. It's only been 2 nights but I'm already loving it and craving it.

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Lmao your well on your way to a being a well trained dragon slave. Welcome to the club. As soon as you get pooped on you'll be all the way in the club. Hef pooped down my cleavage recently it was horrific . It triggered alot of things that had to be cleaned up. I had ptsd for awhile after that.

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Turn off the lights and wait 5 minutes and then pull him out for cuddle time. It settles them down .

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Lmao your well on your way to a being a well trained dragon slave. Welcome to the club. As soon as you get pooped on you'll be all the way in the club. Hef pooped down my cleavage recently it was horrific . It triggered alot of things that had to be cleaned up. I had ptsd for awhile after that.

Omg!!! I can't imagine how you felt. Ewwww is all I can say!!! I probably would have scrubbed myself in bleach!!! PTSD for awhile, I probably would have it for life! Lmao
I am sorry he pooped there! Thank you for welcoming into the club, I'm sure he will poop on me soon enough!! Lol

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Turn off the lights and wait 5 minutes and then pull him out for cuddle time. It settles them down .

Great idea!!!! Thank you for the wonderful tip! I will do that if and when I need to. Thanks!!!!! [emoji258]

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
In no time he will calm down no worries.. Each night I end up with my 2 out cold on my chest :)

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Do you sleep with them all night or do you put them in their enclosures at night?
Oh no I put them in their tanks at night, I've got 3 cats and a big dog. Personally I don't think sleeping with them is very safe and as much as I love my 2 I don't need to sleep with them :) that way I don't worry about hurting them, them getting up and me not knowing. I have napped with my female on a few occasions but she is a total cuddle bug, she was partially brummating, and once she's covered she will sleep no matter what :)

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Oh no I put them in their tanks at night, I've got 3 cats and a big dog. Personally I don't think sleeping with them is very safe and as much as I love my 2 I don't need to sleep with them :) that way I don't worry about hurting them, them getting up and me not knowing. I have napped with my female on a few occasions but she is a total cuddle bug, she was partially brummating, and once she's covered she will sleep no matter what :)

I don't sleep with Wally as last night is only night 4 of cuddles. He just started. But I caught myself dosing with him the other night. Woke myself up snoring! I do not want to sleep with him as I've got 5 cats! I would be afraid they would hurt him.

Thank you for your help!