• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brumation question

Ron McCauley

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello all,
20211011_144827-jpg.31055

I'm in my 4th month of beardie ownership and so far it's been a great experience. My boy Puff is a rescue and was purchased from a small reptile specific pet store. He was originally born there and was brought back sometime later due to his owner being transferred out of state. He's been to the vet and treated for worms and coccidia but has since gotten a clean bill of health as of 11.29. He was showing some signs of wanting to brumate but I've kept him out of it till we got an all clear from the vet. A few days after his last appointment he went into brumation. It's been about a week so far and I must admit I miss our snuggle time! He had a poop before he went to sleep so I'm pretty sure his stomach is empty as he stopped eating a few days prior. My question is should I bath him for hydration every week or so or leave him be? Here's a picture of my Toots.

Thanks all!

Attachments

• 20211011_144827.jpg
    20211011_144827.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 16

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello all,
20211011_144827-jpg.31055

I'm in my 4th month of beardie ownership and so far it's been a great experience. My boy Puff is a rescue and was purchased from a small reptile specific pet store. He was originally born there and was brought back sometime later due to his owner being transferred out of state. He's been to the vet and treated for worms and coccidia but has since gotten a clean bill of health as of 11.29. He was showing some signs of wanting to brumate but I've kept him out of it till we got an all clear from the vet. A few days after his last appointment he went into brumation. It's been about a week so far and I must admit I miss our snuggle time! He had a poop before he went to sleep so I'm pretty sure his stomach is empty as he stopped eating a few days prior. My question is should I bath him for hydration every week or so or leave him be? Here's a picture of my Toots.

Thanks all!
Every 10 days or so -- weigh him and offer water -- they will be crabby when you wake them and he may or may not drink but its good to offer water - keep track of his weight weigh on a kitchen food sale weigh in grams - he may lose some weight normal but if its a lot there is a issue going on --- do not let him brumate for more than 3 months --- here is article on brumation

Ron McCauley

Bearded Dragon Egg
Every 10 days or so -- weigh him and offer water -- they will be crabby when you wake them and he may or may not drink but its good to offer water - keep track of his weight weigh on a kitchen food sale weigh in grams - he may lose some weight normal but if its a lot there is a issue going on --- do not let him brumate for more than 3 months --- here is article on brumation
Thank you. It's our first brumation so a bit unervingi appreciate the feedback.