• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brumation or other problem young dragon

travis ward

Bearded Dragon Egg
One problem I live in Belgium haha. But I cant get most of these insects here from the same website I ordered my dubia colony. Yes basking under his UVB bulb on the cold side and also likes to run op te steps to his hot spot definitely more active just his appetite is not quit there yet. But it is much better then what it was past 2 months. My local pet store has small wax worms I will try to pick some up tomorrow maybe little extra fat would help him out since he got so lean.

travis ward

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm orignally from Ohio so know all these names. I can get wax worms tomorrow at the pet store. Never offered them to him might have to force some in there again. But little extra fat should help him I think he was ( still kind of ) way to skinny.

travis ward

Bearded Dragon Egg
Another update.

He is definitely more active since the light and perch him self up on his log to catch some rays.
Eating on the other hand is still not good. We basically force feed him everyday. couple dubias maybe a meal worm here and there. Tried blue berry's other day but he just licked the sap up guess that is good enough. Got some cucumber in him although he hates it. and bought some wax worms the other day. He ate 2 yesterday and 3 today. But like I said he doesn't eat anything by him self he has to forced.

Somebody else suggested to try bee pollen. Bought some but doesn't even look at it. I did soak some up in water and used a pipette to drip it on his nose and he drank a little that way. That same person that suggested that has a 2 month old beardie that weighs the same as ours. He is only 35 grams and we have had him for 3 months now. He is probably 4-5 months now.

So basically he has about 4-5 insects a day force fed to him and 1-2 baths a week. I dust the dubias almost every day but skip a few here and there. Going to order some other insects for him just to try.

Hope this changes quickly

travis ward

Bearded Dragon Egg
Have good news, it's going 100 times better with him now.
He is very active doesn't sleep all day anymore. Actually barely takes naps during day.

I bought some Repashy grub pie for him so he gets couple ml of that mixed with some veggies. Eats it like a champ out of a syringe, actually is more like licking but he eats it. He doesn't chase bugs yet, but hopefully he will soon.

He gained weight back pretty quick. With in about 7-9 days he went from 35 grams to a steady 43-45 grams. Also he is about to shed now for the first time since we have had them and has grown almost an inch since we got the correct T5 bulb in his cage.

I would say he eats about 3-4 ml a day and sometimes we feed him some extra phoenix worms. Of course been giving him his vitamin powder every other day and calcium about 5 times a week.

His belly looks fuller now and cant see his rib cage any more. also getting little beefier overall and growing.

Very thankful for your help! He really did make a big come back and pretty quick as well.

His poop has been good too and regular almost once a day.

Roo’s Mom

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have question, my beardie was brumating for a few weeks then woke up for about a week, now he is back in brumation, is that normal?

Roo’s Mom

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am using a laser thermometer and it’s about 95 degrees. He is sleeping down in the shade where it is only 75 degrees, UVB is a tube. He has been fun in there for an entire year.

Roo’s Mom

Bearded Dragon Egg
The UVB is only about a week old, the basking light is 100 watt Zilla day white light. I can’t remember the brand of UVB. I have a platform for him that is on the right side of his tank and about 8 inches from the light. The platform is wood and I have a hand towel on it for him.

Roo’s Mom

Bearded Dragon Egg
He was eating really well before this started but then he went to sleep for a few weeks and didn’t eat anything during that time, when he woke up he ate quite a few super worms, I get packages of 50 and he ate those in a week, but not as much of the greens like he used to. He only pooped twice in that week and yes it smells really bad. It is not too runny, it’s solid and black. The white part is harder. He did wake up today, I don’t know if he ate or not because I wasn’t home and my daughter gave him some greens but she doesn’t know if he ate anything.

Roo’s Mom

Bearded Dragon Egg
They don’t carry Dubais at my pet store, they do have crickets, meal worms and super worms and that’s it for live food. What is bsfl? I can weigh him tomorrow.

Roo’s Mom

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you so much. I will order some for him. He did during the drops I put on his nose, I will give him a bath tonight and let him drink slowly. The light is on top of the tank, sitting on the screen.