• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brumation I Hope, he is starting to make me worry.

JoeG

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi, I have a 1.5 Year old Male, he has not eaten anything for about a month, He seems to be sleeping a lot but he is not always hiding in his cave. His weight seems to be good, His eyes may be a bit sunken but that could be in my head and his color is a bit dull/pale. He did go to the bathroom yesterday which was the first time in a few weeks. I am hoping it is just Brumation and not a sickness. I have read a lot so i am not sure you guys can add anything but figured Id post.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
It does sound like brumation, and if you're able to track his weight (with a gram scale), and he's not losing a lot, then just try to keep him hydrated. Try a warm bath every few days to a week.

JoeG

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Well We woke up today and he was face down in his water dish ( Not deep ) and he has passed, His weight appeared to be about normal for him which appeared to be healthy I am not sure what happened , He did not appear sick or I would have taken him to a vet and now I feel terrible.