• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brumation enclosure temperature. How warm to keep it.

Pauleen Beaudin

Bearded Dragon Egg
Our bearded dragon is in brumation for the first time. Does the enclosure need to be kept at the regular temp range (90 - 93 degrees F).

Amy Moran

Bearded Dragon Egg
We have a young leatherback that has been in brumation since last August. We’ve tried waking her up but she gets really mad and hisses! We’ve had other beardies and they’ve never gone down for more than 3 months, has anyone had one brumate this long? I’m wondering if we should force her awake and take all her hiding places away? I’ve turned on all the lamps for a few days and today she moved her arm a little. But shows no signs of waking up.

Amy Moran

Bearded Dragon Egg
I would get a weight on her what about hydration? They need water- what are you using for UVB? Is she shedding?
100 watt basking and reptisun uv light. No water, should I spray her or bathe her? I don’t want her to go into shock. No shedding.

Amy Moran

Bearded Dragon Egg
It’s a T5 on top of a mesh. So I will measure the distance from the decor and make adjustments. I’ve had this same setup with larger dragons but she’s very young so probably should’ve started her off in something smaller. Thanks for your help!