• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brumating or sick

Susanne

Bearded Dragon Egg
Our beardie is about 10 months old & he started brumating on March 23rd which was also the last time he ate but not the last time he pooped that was days before that. For awhile before this he had started to become more tired & calmer & was slowing down his amount of food intake. He is currently inside his rock so we haven't seen him full on. We've been worried about him. We keep the lighting just like we always have & I have on occasion put his favorite collard greens in but he's not interested. We've talked to him & made some extra noise & at times we've noticed he has cracked his eye open. How do we know if he is ok for sure though...he is our first beardie. My son is very worried it was his birthday present.

mamaof2dragons

Juvenile Dragon
I would take him to a reptile vet and have him checked for parasites by doing a fecal smear. he is to young to brumate and parasites will make him act like he's brumating.