1. Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragon Health' started by Eleese, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Eleese

Eleese Bearded Dragon Egg

Hello everyone. Was hoping you could help answer some questions. Ms Rambo has been acting quite strange these last couple weeks. She’s pooping and eating fine but eating less of her greens than usual. Still eats her apples and protein though with no hesitating.

She is approx 10 months old. Her set up is as such:
    40 gal tank
    100-105 on basking rock
    86-90 on her hammock
    78-82 on the cool side
    10.0 reptisun good uvb
    Papertowel for
    Baths 2/week
    Collards/dandelions in morning with once a week apples
    Dubais at night with once every two weeks some mealies

She is usually so energetic and loves to be out of her tank but it just sleeping in her hide all day. Hasn’t basked in weeks. Has been treated two months ago for a lot of pain worms. Got her tested a month ago and vet said she was in the clear. Since then she doesn’t get any crickets. Any other beardie parents see this behavior during the summer? Even when I take her out she just Buries herself in my arms and goes to sleep. Thanks for any advice!

Attached Files:

2. kaylynangel

kaylynangel Juvenile Dragon

Please post pics of tank and lighting
    Kaylyn
  3. kaylynangel

10.0 reptisun good uvb-------------coil or tube???????????
    She should not be brumating -----------one she is too young two it is summer---- my guess something is off in the tank and I am guessing its the UVB
    kaylyn
  4. winall

winall Bearded Dragon Egg

It is winter in Australia now
  5. kaylynangel

10 months old is too young to be brumating -- if shes slow and not eating as much that would be normal but to go into full brumation she is too young--- mine was around 10 months last winter and he did get lazy but did not quit basking or eating --- he did alot of laying around and snoozing - she should still be basking at that age and eating -- you need to check your lighting -- the UVB is going to play a huge roll in the behavior --- if your using a COIL she is not getting adequate UVB-- they pretty much dont put out any UVB
    kaylyn