• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Breeding

Lamar Austin

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I’m tryna Breed some beardies and was wondering does the morph really matters besides what they would look like. I just don’t wanna breed and end up with a weak bloodline. and if so should I just take them all to the vet to get the bloodlines and how much would they usually cost if anyone has a idea of the cost.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Morph is going to determine the shape and size of the dragon. Certain morphs shouldn't be bred together like a normal scale and silk back shouldn't be bred. There are also certain translucent morphs that create dragons that are prone to seizures and other health issues.

Lamar Austin

Bearded Dragon Egg
Great I was def wondering that don’t worry I’m long before that mines only a couple weeks old and got them from two diff people and I see I can’t do clutch mates. Here’s another question what about two females who aren’t clutch mates but they been good so far. This isn’t a rare occasion with non sister beardies?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Not sure what you mean? Do you want to House 2 females together?

It’s never recommended to house them together. Even 2 females will eventually fight. I have 2 females from different clutches that used to tolerate being in the same room with each other only now they hate each other.

Lamar Austin

Bearded Dragon Egg
O ok this my first time hearing females not recommended. I usually hear females is fine as long as the size difference isn’t too major thanks for the tip

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Some people do okay housing them together but in my opinion, it's not worth the risk even trying.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It is rare but it does happen that females will tolerate eachother but it really is not advised too much of a risk in my opinion