• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

JustADude

Bearded Dragon Egg
20230313_204231.jpg

(The female is on the left, male is on the right.)

The female is roughly a new addition, I haven't even named her yet... or the male haha.

Anyways the female is 2 years old and the male is 10 years strong owned him since he was a baby. They have successfully mated around 3 times now at least what I have seen. They have been in the tank together for a week but are separated again now.

She is putting on weight very fast which might be my fault, but anyway I guess my question is... Does mating simulate anything for the female ? As in am I guaranteed she will lay eggs ?

Prior to this I put all my reptiles through brumation for about a month and a half.

Also if you could help name the female and potentially spot any morphs for me that would be awesome. I know she is a leatherback but that's about it.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
View attachment 33594
(The female is on the left, male is on the right.)

The female is roughly a new addition, I haven't even named her yet... or the male haha.

Anyways the female is 2 years old and the male is 10 years strong owned him since he was a baby. They have successfully mated around 3 times now at least what I have seen. They have been in the tank together for a week but are separated again now.

She is putting on weight very fast which might be my fault, but anyway I guess my question is... Does mating simulate anything for the female ? As in am I guaranteed she will lay eggs ?

Prior to this I put all my reptiles through brumation for about a month and a half.

Also if you could help name the female and potentially spot any morphs for me that would be awesome. I know she is a leatherback but that's about it.
I know nothing about breeding but I do have a go to person that can help you
let me post to her

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Awesome, I do need help with names though too haha
She got back to me about the egg laying thing this is what she said
She may lay eggs, no guarantee they'll be fertile so only time will tell. Old males may not produce viable sperm.
You will haft to watch her behavior - she starts going crazy digging in the tank that would be a sign to set up a lay box

JustADude

Bearded Dragon Egg
She got back to me about the egg laying thing this is what she said
She may lay eggs, no guarantee they'll be fertile so only time will tell. Old males may not produce viable sperm.
You will haft to watch her behavior - she starts going crazy digging in the tank that would be a sign to set up a lay box
Thanks