• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Breathing?

ReptarTheLizard9

Hatchling Dragon
Hi guys its me again lol.
anyways Reptar has this thing I have noticed and it is slightly concerning me, basically after she eats her stomach will go in and out very fast kinda. I don’t really know how to explain it really. She just seemed to breath heavy after eating and has been like this for a while- I try to stop feeding her if she begins to breathe heavy but I don’t really know what could be causing it. Any advice would be appreciate thanks!

Attachments

• 9A5CBDDC-171B-4EC5-8F9D-8BA10162CDA6.jpeg
    9A5CBDDC-171B-4EC5-8F9D-8BA10162CDA6.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 13

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
anyways Reptar has this thing I have noticed and it is slightly concerning me, basically after she eats her stomach will go in and out very fast kinda. I don’t really know how to explain it really. She just seemed to breath heavy after eating and has been like this for a while- I try to stop feeding her if she begins to breathe heavy but I don’t really know what could be causing it. Any advice would be appreciate thanks!
A don’t know much but that seems kind of weird. Wait for a few more anwsers before taking him to the vet so you don’t waste money

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Does she seemed stressed when this happens? And what are u feeding her? Lizards kinda have a gullet like a bird, could it be possible that shes just swallowing her meal? Or is it after she already swallows? My beardie has done this but only when i give her an adult roach or a huge hornworm.

ReptarTheLizard9

Hatchling Dragon
she usually looks As if her throat has something in it so I try to massage it a bit to help swallowping and I usually give her a small brake in between. I have been giving her bigger crickets then she was used to since she has grown quite a bit recently and wanted to make sure she was getting the proper bug supplemen. Should I go back to smaller crickets maybe? They still are smaller than the space between her eyes though, also should I set up a vet appointment about the breathing thing?