• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Breathing Issues

M0th3roFDrag0ns

Bearded Dragon Egg
this is my last resort - two reptile vets have told me they have no idea what is wrong. My youngest female, Cupcake, began doing this weird deep breathing burp-like gasp two weeks ago. Ultrasound was clear. X-ray was clear. Eyes and nose are clear. She’s not eating and the frequency of the gasping is increasing. She eats a great beardie diet, has a weekly bath, has heat and uva and uvb. She’s very well cared for and the vets say that she is perfectly healthy. But I know my beardie and something is wrong. Any advice?!

mamaof2dragons

Juvenile Dragon
oh the poor dragon, there is obviously something wrong I would find a different reptile vet. that looks like a respiratory infection beginning to take hold. medication can help if that is what it is. does he do it when your not holding him up?

M0th3roFDrag0ns

Bearded Dragon Egg
That’s what I think too. She does it all the time, no matter how she’s laying or being held. We’ve talked to two vets. I don’t understand why they aren’t listening to me. I’m going to request that they give me antibiotics for her.