• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Breathing Concerns

JoshB56

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi Guys,
I recently brought my dragon to the ER on Saturday to have him checked out. They said he has mouth rot, dehydration, and is struggling to defecate. I have been feeding him critical care via a syringe since he is struggling to chew (I would say due to his mouth being sore). I am hoping the water and vitamins in the critical care will help him hydrate. I have also been giving him antibiotics for his mouth via injection every 48 hours (ceftazidime). Everytime he eats or drinks anything he does this strange thing with his beard after. He does if for about 30 minutes after and it slowly goes away and he goes back to normal. Is this a sign of a respiratory infection or some other condition? It appears this antibiotic will also help with a respiratory infection as well. Please let me know. I have attached a video to show you what he is doing.

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello I know it has been a while but is he doing better? I'm not a 100% sure but he seems to be stressed and breathing heavily.