• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Breaded dragon throwing itself

Alexusjohnson0814

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone so I have a juvenile breaded dragon and here lately when I got to pick her up she’ll get stiff and throw herself backwards anybody know what this could be

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello everyone so I have a juvenile breaded dragon and here lately when I got to pick her up she’ll get stiff and throw herself backwards anybody know what this could be
Not a clue--- how long have you had the dragon? Please post a pic of the tank and lighting please -- this is not normal behavior

Alexusjohnson0814

Bearded Dragon Egg
Not a clue--- how long have you had the dragon? Please post a pic of the tank and lighting please -- this is not normal behavior
Had her for about 3 months

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 8

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok so the UVB is a good one- is it the 12% bulb in the fixture or a 14% bulb? I see the screen is a wide hole type so basking decor should be 8-10 inches directly under it---- it looks like she has places to go to get out from under it -- Surface basking temps should be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer---- I see a stick on for ambient temps--- lighting and temps in the tank attribute to behaviors of dragons - can you get a video of the dragon throwing herself at the tank - when does she do it - how often is she doing it?

Alexusjohnson0814

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so the UVB is a good one- is it the 12% bulb in the fixture or a 14% bulb? I see the screen is a wide hole type so basking decor should be 8-10 inches directly under it---- it looks like she has places to go to get out from under it -- Surface basking temps should be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer---- I see a stick on for ambient temps--- lighting and temps in the tank attribute to behaviors of dragons - can you get a video of the dragon throwing herself at the tank - when does she do it - how often is she doing it?
So she does it when I go to hold her and she bite me today she’s been acting very strange lately very aggressive

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok so its not the UVB --- are your temps being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- they will get aggressive if the temps in the tank are too hot--- we may need our vet tech on here to respond to this issue - she may have some more ideas than Iam aware of -- I always start w/ the lighting and temps in the tank first --
@Drache613

Alexusjohnson0814

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so its not the UVB --- are your temps being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- they will get aggressive if the temps in the tank are too hot--- we may need our vet tech on here to respond to this issue - she may have some more ideas than Iam aware of -- I always start w/ the lighting and temps in the tank first --
@Drache613
Thank you