• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bonding?

friedchickencandles

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello there, I've recently been a new bearded dragon owner for a bit. Been wanting one for a long time. His name is Blue, but I've been wondering is there any fun activities we could do together that could help bond and make Blue trust me a bit more?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello there, I've recently been a new bearded dragon owner for a bit. Been wanting one for a long time. His name is Blue, but I've been wondering is there any fun activities we could do together that could help bond and make Blue trust me a bit more?
How old is Blue? Babies need to adjust to their surroundings and it does take some time -- you can start by getting your hands in the tank as much as possible - hand feed that is a good way - you need to earn their trust - take a piece of cloth or clothing or fleece blanket something w/ your scent on it and put it in their hide -- get him on a routine and he will learn to know what is coming -- hold him for a few minutes at a time -- talk to him - just work w/ him -- like I said it will come but depending on the dragon they all have their different personalities -- as he gets older and acclimates to his surroundings people watch TV w/ their dragons or put up videos on the computer for the dragon to watch etc ........... they like to roam and watch outside the LR windows - but I would hold off on that till he settles in and gets older - and bigger - you dont want to stress him out and you dont want to loose him in your house under something like the fridge or stove etc....

REX-BEARDY

Bearded Dragon Egg
my beardie doent seem to like watching movies with me, i thought most of them do like it. he is friendly but cant sit still when we put on a video and sit down!