• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Blisters located all over body

Alex Tapia

Bearded Dragon Egg
So, me and my girlfriends bearded dragon has recently came down with some sort of illness. We have gone to the local vet for reptiles and we have soent over 700$ with almost no sign of him getting any better. Does anyone have any ideas of what these could be? Possible remedies to help ease some of his symptoms until we can get the right medicine. They popped up about two weeks ago and they fill up with a clear yellowish liquid. Once the blisters fill, we put very minimal pressure on them and they ooze the liquid. Please please please if anyone has any advice or recommendations it would be greatly appreciated. If you look to the right side in the picture you can see some of the bumps. It's kind of hard to capture with a picture.

Attachments

• 1477190513940-1996899543.jpg
    1477190513940-1996899543.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 619

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum! I wish I knew what this is I've never heard of this... :( Hopefully some of our other members have some info..

Cori

Juvenile Dragon
Everthing I know about blisters comes from improper housing. Either too much humidity or too much mess. Also could be chemical residue that he's reacting to. Not saying that's what's wrong with your guy, cause any good vet would have gone over all that first. Can you list what the vet has tested for so far and what your tank looks like?

Roommate wants to put his 2 cents in: too much methane in the water can cause blisters too. So if you're using straight tap water he could be getting exposed to something bad

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I'm at a loss. I've never heard of this. Skin issues all come back to husbandry. I think you need to double check your set up and take your baby to a vet to get treatment.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
What type of substrate are you using? And what are your humidity levels?
I would avoid squeezing the blisters until you know for sure what they are. Body fluids can spread disease from one area of the body to another so it's best to avoid that right now.
I'm wondering if anyone knows of a safe solution he may be able to soak the beardie in to provide relief for now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cori

Juvenile Dragon
Diluted Betadine is really good but I think it's prescription only. Not sure though

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Nope you can buy betadine over the counter. You want to dilute it so that it looks like a weak tea and then soak your dragon. I wonder if you are using a loose substrate, maybe there is something in it. Iting at the dragon.

BPz27

Juvenile Dragon
Yea I never saw that before I'm no dragon expert but it's sad to see a vet cost that high and no solve to the problem. But yea I would check your substrate any loose substrate get rid of it. Use carpet or my fav slate tile as it's easier to clean. I sort of got my BD on a schedule for poop. Like every third day I would take her out and give her bath and she will go in the bath. I done this since she was 6 months and she now 17 months so she use to just going in the water. But ya try those things the others mention

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I'm curious too if you got any new info and how's he doin

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am wondering if the blisters are an allergy to something in the tank?? How is this dragon?

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Have you gotten anywhere with the blisters ?

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Our frog had a skin infection it looked like thrush. The vet found 2 blister abscess spots and he looked at the fluid under the microscope it was a protein fluid . On top of the skin infection. The vet seemed stumped on what it was . If you can have a vet look at the fluid that oozes out of the blisters it may shed some light on what's going on. Plz keep us posted .

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I really thinks that's it. The mites get between the scales and it develops the blisters . Mites are a hair bigger than microscopic. Very tiny. I had them in my tanks before . Definitely do a total good cleaning and it should get better.