• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Black dots in mouth

Rowen2020

Bearded Dragon Egg
My name is Nicole,

I have a 6 ish year old rescue dragon I recieved in sept 2020. Her name is Weasley. I treated her for parasites with fenbendazole and toltrazuril and her fecals came back normal after 3 weeks. She now eats dubias, Goliath worms, kale, collard greens, mustard greens, cilantro, parsley, bell pepper, and other veggies. She has put on 40 grams and is active, brighter in color, normal regular poops, and is eating normally. I took her out in the sun this weekend (supervised and appropriate temps!) and noticed she has small black dots inside her mouth down in her beard..I have never seen this and am not sure what it is or what is causing it. Does anyone have any ideas or know what this is?

Thank you!!

Weasley
20201027_143303.jpg

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hey number one your beardie is so fierce I love it . Number 2, sadly with beardies it could be many things such as genetics, one of my beardies has similar spots like that but on her belly. Because he is a rescue and had parasites before it could be from something from his past life. The best thing to do is contact your vet and ask if you can send in the photo so you can get their opinion. Hope I was able to help :)