• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bioactive enclosure, respiratory issues?

Brujita

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys! New to the forum, and looking for some advice. I have an adult male beardie and in March I changed his enclosure to bioactive from the bio dude. I’ve noticed shortly after that he’s had some respiratory issues and breathes hard every few minutes and it sounds like congestion. His behavior is normal and he eats and drinks normally and his bowls are healthy. I have a vet appointment set up for a check up in a couple of weeks. Anyone else have experienced this with bio active enclosures and if so how did you remedy it? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• D1C4ABA9-B79D-417A-A81B-E138AFDFB5B1.jpeg
    D1C4ABA9-B79D-417A-A81B-E138AFDFB5B1.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 17
  • 536CDD13-C727-4A8B-91DC-03891CE304EF.jpeg
    536CDD13-C727-4A8B-91DC-03891CE304EF.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 15

SpikedLove

Bearded Dragon Egg
What are your humidity levels ? check at late night too, it will be higher then. Respiratory usually comes from or involves humid stagnate air. This would be my guess.

Also is there substrate that is dusty ? this could lead to some iteration.

Brujita

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys! New to the forum, and looking for some advice. I have an adult male beardie and in March I changed his enclosure to bioactive from the bio dude. I’ve noticed shortly after that he’s had some respiratory issues and breathes hard every few minutes and it sounds like congestion. His behavior is normal and he eats and drinks normally and his bowls are healthy. I have a vet appointment set up for a check up in a couple of weeks. Anyone else have experienced this with bio active enclosures and if so how did you remedy it? Thanks in advance!
What are your humidity levels ? check at late night too, it will be higher then. Respiratory usually comes from or involves humid stagnate air. This would be my guess.

Also is there substrate that is dusty ? this could lead to some iteration.

The humidity level never usually goes past 30%. Right now its actually lower then 10. I live in NY so its not as humid this time of year. The substrate is dusty which i was always on the fence of spraying it a couple of times of week but it was recommended by the supplier. I stopped when i noticed he was getting congested thinking maybe that contributed to the humidty levels in my room being that im in the attic and the summers are intense .

SpikedLove

Bearded Dragon Egg
The humidity level never usually goes past 30%. Right now its actually lower then 10. I live in NY so its not as humid this time of year. The substrate is dusty which i was always on the fence of spraying it a couple of times of week but it was recommended by the supplier. I stopped when i noticed he was getting congested thinking maybe that contributed to the humidty levels in my room being that im in the attic and the summers are intense .

so I think Biodude sells a descendant product, but his husbandry can be off.
I have not set up Bioactive for my bearded yet so I don’t have any advice substrate. It is one of the things I am deciding on

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
May I ask how often you feed him and what you feed him? Sometimes if they aren't getting enough in their diet they can be susceptible to diseases or infections.

Latest posts