• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Best way to assure beardies are stimulated?

td103

Bearded Dragon Egg
I spend a decent amount of time working at home, so Terry-D also gets to spend a lot of time outside of his tank as well, but I was wondering if theres anything to make sure that bearded dragons are being stimulated properly and he's not growing bored with his surroundings. If hes not inside his tank, he usually runs up to the window and sits there until hes too cold to sit there any longer (on a given day i can take him out 3 or 4 times because he demands to look out the window as soon as he's heated back up). When im gone i open the window next to his tank so he can see, but not much else unless he decided to run around and explore before logging in his time at the window.
I was also curious on thoughts on live plants inside the enclosure, and what plants might be recommended ect.
Thanks!
terro.jpg
terroo.jpg

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My adult male's tank is next to a window so when he's up he's in the corner watching the birds and squirrels or at us as it is in our kitchen.. My female and my juv male's tanks are in our living room so they watch us and our 3 cats 1 dog moving about or out our front window.. I will also let them run around a room that I've got that is safe for them to run some energy off.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
My tanks are next to the window. They don't get to see too much out the window because it overlooks the house next door but they can see the neighbors, if they are home and they can somewhat watch the cars go by. They are in the room where my bf plays video games so when we are home, if they aren't out with me, they get to watch him.

When Dexter was a baby, I used to play the sports news station. I thought the voices would help her think that someone was still home even though she couldn't see them.

OhHeyCiara

Bearded Dragon Egg
I recently had the brilliant idea of using floral spikes for my babies salads! Visually they look like live plants, and his greens never wilt!