• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Best substrate

bdog

Bearded Dragon Egg
My Bearded dragon is currently in a 20 gallon tank with the reptile carpet in it. I ordered a PVC 4x2x2 enclosure for it. Should I get this carpet again or is something like the reptichips better ?

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Reptichips can be dangerous. Stay away from loose substrates and stick with paper towel, tile, or carpet. The only issue with carpet is that you have to check it frequently to make sure there are no loose threads. Tile is expensive, but easy to clean and doesn't need to be replaced. Paper towel adds up quickly and can cost a lot of time and money to replace daily.

Impawsible_Squad

Juvenile Dragon
Shelf liners are a great option because they are affordable, they can't cause impaction, you can buy them in bulk, they are easy to clean, and you don't have to replace them that often.