• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beefing With My Bearded Dragon

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
For some reason, my bearded dragon has lately not been liking me too much it seems. He shows absolutely no signs of aggression, other than the fact that he sometimes darkens when I open his cage.

The only reason that leads me to believe he has beef with me is that he kept running away from me today. I'd inch near him to act like I was gonna swoop him up and he'd prance off.

He will eat out of my hands and won't puff up or anything at me, in fact he hasn't showed a single sign of aggression towards me other than the fact he waved at me because I was holding my chameleon.

I do want to mention he doesn't completely run and hide, he just walks a few steps to get a distance away from me then stares at me. I was laying down on the floor and walked over my legs so I assume he isn't that scared of me? I don't know if he is bi-polar or something? I need answers we must squash this beef!

Broly

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
For some reason, my bearded dragon has lately not been liking me too much it seems. He shows absolutely no signs of aggression, other than the fact that he sometimes darkens when I open his cage.

The only reason that leads me to believe he has beef with me is that he kept running away from me today. I'd inch near him to act like I was gonna swoop him up and he'd prance off.

He will eat out of my hands and won't puff up or anything at me, in fact he hasn't showed a single sign of aggression towards me other than the fact he waved at me because I was holding my chameleon.

I do want to mention he doesn't completely run and hide, he just walks a few steps to get a distance away from me then stares at me. I was laying down on the floor and walked over my legs so I assume he isn't that scared of me? I don't know if he is bi-polar or something? I need answers we must squash this beef!
Do you smell? Like are you wearing a new cologne or something? Lol

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardies can get cranky during shed, or he might not want to be handled again for a little while.

Of course, he could also be jealous of the chameleon, you forgot to shower before touching his glorious scales, you haven't given him enough presents today, you forgot to provide a throne of solid gold for his tank, he wanted to go on a 3-month vacation to Australia and you said no, you haven't built a shrine to him in your bedroom, or he hasn't eaten in 5 minutes and would like some more food. Possibly all of the above.

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Plot twist: Beardie isn't doing anything different, you’re just paranoid he doesn’t like you due to smoking too much?
No he runs from me, he just acts unsure about me now is what i'm saying. Like he has trust issues. Ill reach to pet him and hell daddle off but i can sit right beside him and he will just look at me all derpy. Sometimes walks near me.

cliffhangerreptiles

Bearded Dragon Egg
They can get timid nearing brumation time. Make sure to ease into it. Lightly pet their head before picking them up. Pick them up from underneath. Dragons are a flight animal, biting isn't their instinct response. They will calm back down. :)