• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardy wont eat greens

AK Paul

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded is a little over a year old and she still isn't eating greens like she should. I have tried almost every kind of green there is the only thing she will eat are peas. Thats all the green she will eat any ideas on how to get her to eat more greens?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My bearded is a little over a year old and she still isn't eating greens like she should. I have tried almost every kind of green there is the only thing she will eat are peas. Thats all the green she will eat any ideas on how to get her to eat more greens?
Not peas- have you tried putting bsfl on her salads to lure her to the salad bowl?

Boscoethebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
I gut load my beardies bugs with all of his greens. Another thing..which she won’t be happy about..is when he’s chewing his bugs I take a piece of green and put it in his mouth while he’s chewing so he has no choice but to eat it. I heard bee pollen is supposed to be good but I bought a bag of it and my beardie isn’t impressed at all but it could work for yours

PearlJ

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have had the same problem with my beardie. There are many salad toppers to use that can entice your beardie to eat it. I use a flower topper (I crush them in my hand and sprinkle it on his salad), but there are also salad dressings and bee pollen is great. You can also offer a pea, and right as she’s about to eat it, switch it for greens. Lighting may also affect your beardie’s diet. A UVB strip should be going along the whole tank (I use a T5H0) and a heat bulb that suits the size of your tank. You could try making a slurry, which is a few types of foods safe for bearded dragons, blended up very smooth, and then fed with a syringe to try and get the taste in their mouth. For my beardie I had to try many different methods, but just remember, it’s not impossible.