• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie vomited... HELP!

jones2831

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi guys!

This day started pretty normal. I basked my three beardies with the morning sun, fed them on their feeding schedule, gave them greens, etc., However, at dinner, one of them ate really less. I ignored her for a while as I was busy taking care of the other two. When I went back to her, I saw her shaking her head and noticed something came out of her mouth. I thought it was just tiny. But when I took her away from it, there was more.

Sorry for the gross pic, but I had to attach it.

Yes, I know I should take to the vet. But most vets in my area only do cats and dogs and the nearest that takes care of lizards is about 6 - 7 hour drive.

Is there anything I can do to make him feel better (if he doesn't feel good)? Should I try feeding him again? Its almost lights off for them.

Not sure if these help but,

Temperature 104.5/95.2

Feeding - Twice a day. She eats about an average of 15-20 dubias/meal + 5 super worms every other day. Today she had superworms. She loves mustard greens too.

Cage - please see pictures. Lights reptizoo 50w for basking and zoo med 10.0 T5.

How often and what do you use to clean it - everyday with damp clothe

Experience-How long have you kept reptiles - about 3 months.

Attachments

• IMG_20180604_181521.jpg
    IMG_20180604_181521.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 142
  • IMG_20180604_183634.jpg
    IMG_20180604_183634.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 106

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What time do you feed for the evening? When do the lights go out for the night? Looks like he ate too quickly, not enough time to digest so he threw it up, something tasted off to him so he threw it up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jones2831

Bearded Dragon Egg
What time do you feed for the evening? When do the lights go out for the night? Looks like he ate too quickly, not enough time to digest so he threw it up, something tasted off to him so he threw it up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I feed at 5pm so I can have the lights off by 7pm.

Update about her...

We have been trying to set an appointment with herp vets nearest to us. The 1st clinic which is 6 hours away, says the vet won't be back until next week due to a conference. The other one, about 4 hr drive has their herp vet out til Saturday. So, I'm back to ask for your help.

The morning after she threw up, she ate about 10 dubias and greens. On her next mealtime though, she refused eating. I tried and tried to let her eat, offering everything from dubia to worms to greens but she just wouldn't eat. She pooped thrice since yesterday and poop looked the same as they were when she was still fine.

Today, she still refuses to eat. But this morning at her warm bath, she looked like she drank some water. Her eyes look half shut (or am I just paranoid?) Please look at the additional photos. I'm all stressed out with her not eating. (My chin might just start showing off black beard!)

Another information I missed to mention the last time was that, she has just been relocated. We brought home another beardie and so she moved to a new tank we jad custom made for her and another one. The 3rd picture shows her old and new tank. The top most is where she used to be. She transferred to the one just right below it. We also moved them tanks from the living room to the guest room.

Any thoughts?

Attached is a pic of herself at the moment and the poop she had just minutes prior to this post

Attachments

• received_10216209770463346.jpeg
    received_10216209770463346.jpeg
    242.9 KB · Views: 97
  • received_10216209393213915.jpeg
    received_10216209393213915.jpeg
    174.4 KB · Views: 110

Aerries

Hatchling Dragon
Honestly looks like dehydration because of the color of the urinate...that’s not stool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
What are you measuring your temps with? The food is undigested which is usually because they aren't warm enough to digest. If you are not measuring your temps right in the basking spot with either a IR gun or a digital probe, then it's quite possible that your basking temp isn't as warm as you think it is.

jones2831

Bearded Dragon Egg
We use a temp gun, takes temp by holding it about 2-3 inches. We didn't know what happened. Probably ate too fast, didn't chew her food properly and regurgitated. She didn't eat a few days which worried us but has started to eat again yesterday. Not as much as she used to do but, at least I'm sure she's not getting hungry.