• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie still wont eat

Andrew Sinclair

Bearded Dragon Egg
Need some advise I had my beardie Norbert for over a month now and he's not eating normally. His setup posted in the enclosure section but here is a quick overview. 40G, 24' T5 inside the tank. Heat is 110 on the hot side taken with a temp gun. Substrate is ceramic tile. He didn't ever eat normally but at this point I'm having to basically force feed him homemade food, veggies blended with crickets and beardie buffet. He's getting his calcium from a liquid calcium prescribed by my vet.
I would describe him as being about normal activity wise and he doesn't appear dehydrated. He gets a bath ever other day and his diet, such that it is, has a high liquid content.
Hes been to the vet twice, I trust the vet she's an exotic vet and had handled my other reptiles quite well. Stool samples have come up negative. At this point at I'm at a loss. He was 7g when I got him, hes 14.78 as of yesterday but hes been as high as 15.2.
Any help or advise would be appreciated.

Andrew Sinclair

Bearded Dragon Egg
When you say not eating normally, what do you mean? Not eating as much, or not eating at all?
If I put Crickets or BSFL in his terrarium he wont chase them. If I hold a BSFL near him then drop it he may eat one or two...per day. Compare that to my other little monster who would eat 20-30 crickets 3/day.

Nero

Juvenile Dragon
Beardie Club
Does anything look weird in his mouth, yellowish, lots of saliva? Is he lethargic?

Andrew Sinclair

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yellow or discoloured, no nothing odd at all, and no saliva.
Hes not the peppiest of pets but he does move back and forth from his hot to warm side. However, I have been noticing that he does prefer his cool side lately. I'm not sure if thats an issue or just that fact that the wood on that spot has the perfect curve from him to sit and watch everything.

Andrew Sinclair

Bearded Dragon Egg
100 W basking and a 24" T5 inside the tank. temps all checkout as good. Was 110 at the basking spot but he always stayed just outside the hottest point so I adjusted the lamp position so it was 108 and he likes that much more.
UVB is 8" from the basking spot.

Nero

Juvenile Dragon
Beardie Club
Sounds fine, You have tube UVB which is good. Has he been outside, exposed to any parasites?

N W

Juvenile Dragon
100 W basking and a 24" T5 inside the tank. temps all checkout as good. Was 110 at the basking spot but he always stayed just outside the hottest point so I adjusted the lamp position so it was 108 and he likes that much more.
UVB is 8" from the basking spot.
Someone more experienced correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a T5 supposed to be further away than 8"?