• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

beardie shed is fading away

lionthebeardeddragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
there have been other instances (other than this shed) where my beardies head grows very very pale, looks like he’s just about to shed, and then the pale shed never falls off, and it just fades away. is this normal? he is completely fine after it has faded away i was just confused.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12

ReptarTheLizard9

Hatchling Dragon
That happened to Reptars tail not too long ago, it faded away so I thought she must have shed it while I was gone from my house for the day however it lightened again after a couple days and began to shed after I put some reptished help stuff from the pet store on it. Although I would still get a second opinion from a more experienced owner on here.

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That has never happened with me before, but beardies do tend to eat their shed to reabsorb the nutrients and shed skin is a good source of calcium for them. So maybe your beardie did shed and ended up eating it when you weren’t around.