• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

beardie not eating or basking

millie turiccki

Bearded Dragon Egg
hey guys, so my one year old beardie, henry, won’t eat or bask at all. he’s been like this for the past week. he recently shed his head and now his beard and feet have gone the pale white colour so i presume he’s going to shed them as well. it has got a lot hotter in the uk and so the temperature in his basking spot has gone up but it seems as though he’s completely avoiding it. i’m going to buy a 75 and a 60w basking light to take the temperature back down to 30 degrees celsius as it’s at 34 now. he’s active and comes out of his viv often but just isn’t eating his salads (he loves the insects still) or basking. he also hasn’t pooped in about a week but if he’s not eating he won’t poop i suppose?

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I would definitely suggest trying to mix his insects with the salad to try to get him to eat it. What type of insects are you feeding him?

millie turiccki

Bearded Dragon Egg
i’m feeding him a mixture of locust and dubia roaches as a staple and wax worms, calci worms and fruit beetle grub as the occasional treats. he gets these two times a week so roughly 10-12 insects a week, maybe more.

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
i’m feeding him a mixture of locust and dubia roaches as a staple and wax worms, calci worms and fruit beetle grub as the occasional treats. he gets these two times a week so roughly 10-12 insects a week, maybe more.
Are you only feeding him 10 to 12 insects a week? I would also suggest giving him more options of vegetables.

millie turiccki

Bearded Dragon Egg
yes maybe 12-15 now that i think about it. he’s over one year old so i didn’t think he needed as much protein as a baby does. as for veggies i’ve tried spring greens, rocket, dandelion leaves, bell peppers, brussel sprouts and some fruits. he’s a strange one and is not attracted to colour like every other beardie is so i can only get him to eat green veggies if that.

millie turiccki

Bearded Dragon Egg
hey thought i’d give an update. he’s still not willingly basking and at his salad yesterday. i thought this was the breakthrough but nope, he is refusing to eat his salad today. i gave him a round of dubia roaches and a few calci worms, he scoffed them up but did not bask after eating. he just retreats to the cold side all the time and i’m worried he’s not digesting food. someone please help me, i’ve been stressing about this for days. i’ll post some pictures of his setup
2750CA7D-0C88-4BC7-B766-F2CB7C5FF25A.jpeg
076AF63B-F809-468C-8DC4-6B940AE8216C.jpeg