• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie nails

Bluesky1019

Juvenile Dragon
So recently I have noticed that my beardie's nails are pretty long. Every time I hold him my hands are always cut up. He doesn't seem to have any discomfort moving around but they are pretty long and I worry that they can get caught on something. I did some research and it says you can cut their nails yourself. Does anyone know if this is safe to do?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So recently I have noticed that my beardie's nails are pretty long. Every time I hold him my hands are always cut up. He doesn't seem to have any discomfort moving around but they are pretty long and I worry that they can get caught on something. I did some research and it says you can cut their nails yourself. Does anyone know if this is safe to do?
try this see if it helps---- I would get some slated ceramic tile in the tank a couple of pieces this will help keep the nails trimmed down

Maddie_Flick

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardie likes going on walks and walking on the sidewalk helps keep his nails at a good length, I recommend taking his/her outside sometimes and letting it run around on the sidewalk (as long as you're sure it won't run away)

Bluesky1019

Juvenile Dragon
My beardie likes going on walks and walking on the sidewalk helps keep his nails at a good length, I recommend taking his/her outside sometimes and letting it run around on the sidewalk (as long as you're sure it won't run away)
haha I would if he would ever let me put a leash on him. Do you know how to get it to stay on?

Bluesky1019

Juvenile Dragon
try this see if it helps---- I would get some slated ceramic tile in the tank a couple of pieces this will help keep the nails trimmed down
Oh that might help. do they need a certain kind or can I find it at a hardware store?