• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie looking for a forever home

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi I live in Toronto, Canada and I’ve recently fostered an abused and neglected bearded dragon who should be ready to go to a forever home in the next couple of months.
So a little bit of background:
- He’s about 1 - 1 1/2 years old
- Half of his tail is missing (It was probably bitten off by another bearded dragon sadly)
- He was physically abused so he’s still a little scared of hands but he has gotten better and I’m still working with him
- He’s dull in colour but he makes it up I’m personality
- He loves any type of feeder. He isn’t picky and sometimes he’ll actually eat his veggies
- Vet has given him a clean bill of health we are just checking for any harmful parasites and he will be treated for any if he does have them before he goes to his forever home

The little guy has been through a lot and he deserves a happy and loving home for the rest of his years. I will only be giving him to someone who knows a lot about beardies and have proof of a proper set up for him. Let me know if you’d like any additional information and the pictures I post are of him the day I got him to what he looks like today

Attachments

• 5CD25490-DC4C-4FBA-8993-BF9A1795E674.jpeg
    5CD25490-DC4C-4FBA-8993-BF9A1795E674.jpeg
    195.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 31FE9888-188F-4138-8F38-09790ECE5315.jpeg
    31FE9888-188F-4138-8F38-09790ECE5315.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
  • 8348E741-97C7-43FA-A802-9D7F875B231C.jpeg
    8348E741-97C7-43FA-A802-9D7F875B231C.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 29
  • 389FC3C4-5F4D-4958-B0C9-BB23E5CF8C29.jpeg
    389FC3C4-5F4D-4958-B0C9-BB23E5CF8C29.jpeg
    823.3 KB · Views: 25

Kylie C

Hatchling Dragon
I live near the detroit area... I would love love love to take him... I googled the distance from my location to Toronto and it’s a 4 hour 2 min drive. That might be stressful on the lil guy, but I’m not sure! If you can’t find anyone that wants him you can have me as a last resort/backup. I had a special needs beardie for 9 years (he had severe MBD) and I enjoy working with timid critters/rescues.

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I live near the detroit area... I would love love love to take him... I googled the distance from my location to Toronto and it’s a 4 hour 2 min drive. That might be stressful on the lil guy, but I’m not sure! If you can’t find anyone that wants him you can have me as a last resort/backup. I had a special needs beardie for 9 years (he had severe MBD) and I enjoy working with timid critters/rescues.

If you’re serious and I see you have a proper set up which I know you will considering you probably have a lot of experience. It’s just a piece of mind to me because I’ve fallen in love with him and want to make sure he has everything he needs. It still probably won’t be a month until he’s ready to go. We still have to make sure he has no parasites and he actually has a medicated bath for the next ten days because I got him with 4 layers of shed (I know I hate people too). Also with the borders being closed still that may be iffy unless you know a way around it then by all means you can come up north. If worse come to worse I can always ship him. I know someone who owns a proper reptile shipping company, so it won’t be me shipping him over with a hand warmer. Let me know what you think. They’ll probably be other people looking at this forum and you think someone may be a better fit because they’re closer or something you can let me know. Also if you don’t mind me asking do you have a lot of other reptiles of just rescued a lot of beardies in the past?

Kylie C

Hatchling Dragon
If you’re serious and I see you have a proper set up which I know you will considering you probably have a lot of experience. It’s just a piece of mind to me because I’ve fallen in love with him and want to make sure he has everything he needs. It still probably won’t be a month until he’s ready to go. We still have to make sure he has no parasites and he actually has a medicated bath for the next ten days because I got him with 4 layers of shed (I know I hate people too). Also with the borders being closed still that may be iffy unless you know a way around it then by all means you can come up north. If worse come to worse I can always ship him. I know someone who owns a proper reptile shipping company, so it won’t be me shipping him over with a hand warmer. Let me know what you think. They’ll probably be other people looking at this forum and you think someone may be a better fit because they’re closer or something you can let me know. Also if you don’t mind me asking do you have a lot of other reptiles of just rescued a lot of beardies in the past?

Yeah the borders being closed will be a challenge... If you think the reptile shipper will be a safe option for him then I am up for that too. I’m not home currently but I can describe my tank to you... temporarily I have a glass 40 gallon breeder. I say temporary because I am building custom 100 gallon tanks starting this week. I have 150 watt reptisun basking bulbs, 10 watt reptisun UVB bulbs, and when the tank is completed the UVB will be on the inside of the tank. When I’m home I will send you photos! Also Blaze (my special needs dragon) was actually from pet smart.... my dad had no idea what he was doing but Blaze lived a good strong life. I did everything I could to make him healthier and he become a lot stronger in my care. usually end up taking unwanted beardies from friends, and I have a gecko and a hedgehog that were also given to me. I’m willing to do whatever it takes to make my animals happy and healthy

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yeah the borders being closed will be a challenge... If you think the reptile shipper will be a safe option for him then I am up for that too. I’m not home currently but I can describe my tank to you... temporarily I have a glass 40 gallon breeder. I say temporary because I am building custom 100 gallon tanks starting this week. I have 150 watt reptisun basking bulbs, 10 watt reptisun UVB bulbs, and when the tank is completed the UVB will be on the inside of the tank. When I’m home I will send you photos! Also Blaze (my special needs dragon) was actually from pet smart.... my dad had no idea what he was doing but Blaze lived a good strong life. I did everything I could to make him healthier and he become a lot stronger in my care. usually end up taking unwanted beardies from friends, and I have a gecko and a hedgehog that were also given to me. I’m willing to do whatever it takes to make my animals happy and healthy

Well you have me sold and I can see that you have already fallen in love with him. So what I’m thinking is we’ll first have to wait for his fecal test to come back. I should have it around Friday. If he has any parasites I’ll treat him for it make sure he’s all good and healthy and what I’m thinking is we wait until the end of July and see if they’ll be opening the borders anytime soon. Because I feel like they would be opening them around the end of August for the international university students plus they can’t keep them closed forever, plus hopefully by then too the case numbers have fallen enough for safe travel. Then you can come up here to pick him up when the borders open and I’ll have him prepped to go in a container with heat pads and blankets. But if the borders aren’t going to open any time soon then we’ll look at alternative methods of getting him to you. But I’ll make sure to keep you updated on his heath until then and send you all the pictures of him. Do you like the plan?