• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie had major surgery

M.J.

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sunny just had front left leg amputated. Vet tried to remove tumor but was too large. She is climbing and seems to be adjusting, but is refusing to eat. Vet suggested giving baby food.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Sunny just had front left leg amputated. Vet tried to remove tumor but was too large. She is climbing and seems to be adjusting, but is refusing to eat. Vet suggested giving baby food.
Please keep his enclosure squeaky clean, if you can help him in the morning to his basking spot that'd be good, try to keep him off his front leg for at least a week so he can heal, :( poor baby..

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you, Sunny is doing great vet gave her good report.
Thats good, if he’s having a hard time maneuvering I’ve seen a few diy prosthetics with legos, if i come across it again ill post it.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
All you have to do is look up lego toys with tires or wheels to get the desired size, idk if this will help, obviously a turtle and a beardie have different temperaments on what they’ll allow, I would not glue it to him btw, maybe you can use a small strap thats not to tight.

Attachments

• 9C7E95F4-C93C-4140-A6B4-BC6D62455704.jpeg
    9C7E95F4-C93C-4140-A6B4-BC6D62455704.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 4

M.J.

Bearded Dragon Egg

Thats good, if he’s having a hard time maneuvering I’ve seen a few diy prosthetics with legos, if i come across it again ill post it.
She is moving around and is climbing, we were surprised how well she is coping. She goes to vet again in two weeks to have stitches removed.only problem she doesn't have appetite. Vet said to try baby food mixed vegetables and gave us feeding syringe. He said appetite might return after she's done the meds.in 3 more days.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
She is moving around and is climbing, we were surprised how well she is coping. She goes to vet again in two weeks to have stitches removed.only problem she doesn't have appetite. Vet said to try baby food mixed vegetables and gave us feeding syringe. He said appetite might return after she's done the meds.in 3 more days.
Thats really good news, once her stitches are out please keep it bandaged , it’d suck if her wound opened up, definitely try the baby food , theres high protein ones.

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Just help her out as much as possible but let her re-learn her old ways. This breaks my heart hope she has a speedy recovery!

give her lots of attention so she doesn't get sad too**