• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie arm swollen

Gjwo

Hatchling Dragon
3FFED794-815E-4C98-BD3C-EFBF8BBE78D0.jpeg

Hi there, my beardie has been very active lately in his viv as it is due for a size upgrade, his arm has been swollen for about a week and I am wondering if I should get him in to see a vet. He doesn’t seem bothered by it and it doesn’t seem painful to touch. He is more active than ever.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
View attachment 32081

Hi there, my beardie has been very active lately in his viv as it is due for a size upgrade, his arm has been swollen for about a week and I am wondering if I should get him in to see a vet. He doesn’t seem bothered by it and it doesn’t seem painful to touch. He is more active than ever.
Did you get the UVB in the tank ? W / a distance of 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor? Are you using a hammock in the tank?

Gjwo

Hatchling Dragon
Did you get the UVB in the tank ? W / a distance of 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor? Are you using a hammock in the tank?
Yep! His uvb is not inside but on top of his tank with no screen obstructing it, 12 inches from his basking spot and 15 from the ground. He does have a hammock in his tank he’s been using often.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep! His uvb is not inside but on top of his tank with no screen obstructing it, 12 inches from his basking spot and 15 from the ground. He does have a hammock in his tank he’s been using often.
Ok its possible he has gotten a nail caught in the hammock - is it a green mesh one or seagrass one?

Gjwo

Hatchling Dragon
Ok its possible he has gotten a nail caught in the hammock - is it a green mesh one or seagrass one?
Definitely likely as he’s been a lot more active and using his hammock a lot. I think you would call it Seagrams.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Definitely likely as he’s been a lot more active and using his hammock a lot. I think you would call it Seagrams.
Yes that is a seagrass -- please get him a cloth one or a fleece one -- www.pamperedbeardies.com or www.etsy.com
As far as the arm goes please watch it see if the swelling goes down are there any nails missing or bent? Also make sure you have good UVB this is what is going to help heal the arm -- and I see you do so just keep an eye on his arm --