• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragons eye infection

Shawna Cope

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, my dragon Maximus has an eye infection. He has been to 2 different vets and had 2 rounds of antibiotics. Neither have worked. I'm a single mother with not much money so I can't afford another vet bill. I'm so confused why the meds aren't working and what I should do next. He's not eating well and he just seems miserable. Is there any advice you can give me. Please and thank you.
36b75e94a4aadfa662f8b2632b2ba277.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I commented on your other post about this. This eye looks pretty bad. Did you go to an exotic vet?

Shawna Cope

Bearded Dragon Egg
I commented on your other post about this. This eye looks pretty bad. Did you go to an exotic vet?
No.. I can't afford it. I've done a month's worth of antibiotics. Nothing helps

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
A vet that doesn’t treat exotics isn’t going to know what to do with something this advanced.

I think I asked in your other post what kind of lights you use. Using the wrong lights can cause eye problems. Coil bulbs are notorious for burning their retinas because they need to practically be on top of them to get any UVB from them. Compact fluorescents also don’t put off enough UVB.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I agree with Patsy about the lighting... What UVB and basking lights are you using?? What antibiotics have you been using? Is the vet you've taken him to an exotic vet or a regular vet??