• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon wont eat or drink i think he/she is dying HELPP!!

Mike123

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardie's name is yoda. So just 2 days ago i bought a 6 month old bearded dragon from petco. All going well till today when i woke up to feed yoda breakfast, witch is a cricket. Yoda wouldnt eat the cricket. So i waited till lunch and yoda still wont eat. At dinner i tried feeding yoda live mealworms and yoda wont eat that. I am worried yoda is sick and or dying please help!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My beardie's name is yoda. So just 2 days ago i bought a 6 month old bearded dragon from petco. All going well till today when i woke up to feed yoda breakfast, witch is a cricket. Yoda wouldnt eat the cricket. So i waited till lunch and yoda still wont eat. At dinner i tried feeding yoda live mealworms and yoda wont eat that. I am worried yoda is sick and or dying please help!
Please go over the tank lighting --- UVB coil or tube fixture NO coils---- there are inadequate--- where in the tank is it? top of screen or inside the tank? Basking temps what are they and how are you taking them? NO stick ons they are inaccurate-- you need a digital probe thermometer -- basking temps need to be 105-110 for a baby --- 95-110 for a juvie/ adult --- those two things I am asking about are the two most important things in that tank ---- they MUST be correct or your dragon wont eat--- dragons will go thru relocation stress and eating will be off -- but they should be eating something --- lighting and basking temps are crucial -- so we need to make sure this is correct --- if it is not and you get it corrected and the dragon still is not eating then something else is going on --- but lets work on UVB and basking temps first -- I need the brand and bulb of the UVB -- NO coils --- you need a long tube fixture

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
How many crickets does Yoda eat per day? Avoid feeding Yoda mealworms until they're an adult, and consider offering dubia or discoid roaches, black soldier fly larvae, hornworms, and/or silkworms in addition to crickets for extra nutrition and variety.

Mike123

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please go over the tank lighting --- UVB coil or tube fixture NO coils---- there are inadequate--- where in the tank is it? top of screen or inside the tank? Basking temps what are they and how are you taking them? NO stick ons they are inaccurate-- you need a digital probe thermometer -- basking temps need to be 105-110 for a baby --- 95-110 for a juvie/ adult --- those two things I am asking about are the two most important things in that tank ---- they MUST be correct or your dragon wont eat--- dragons will go thru relocation stress and eating will be off -- but they should be eating something --- lighting and basking temps are crucial -- so we need to make sure this is correct --- if it is not and you get it corrected and the dragon still is not eating then something else is going on --- but lets work on UVB and basking temps first -- I need the brand and bulb of the UVB -- NO coils --- you need a long tube fixture
This is my beardies current setup yoda has uvb light bulb and heat lamp and it gets up to 100 degrease

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 14

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is my beardies current setup yoda has uvb light bulb and heat lamp and it gets up to 100 degrease
Ok the UVB is a coil please get rid of it and get a 24" fixture w/ reflector-- zoo med is good and a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb ASAP--- your dragon will not eat w/ out proper UVB and basking temps--- look at your local pet stores most do not carry the length I am recommending- you will probably haft to order on line- basking temps need to be 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- you dragon is going thru relocation stress his eating will be off but should be eating something-- the coil UVB is inadequate

Broly

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
In addition to what Sadie said, allow your beardie at the very least and hour or two before feeding. To allow him time to wake and warm up and so that once he has eaten he has the correct basking temps available to digest. Offer veggies as well as live food. He may not eat them for a few days if he’s stressed from the move but then he should begin to enjoy them.

Mike123

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok the UVB is a coil please get rid of it and get a 24" fixture w/ reflector-- zoo med is good and a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb ASAP--- your dragon will not eat w/ out proper UVB and basking temps--- look at your local pet stores most do not carry the length I am recommending- you will probably haft to order on line- basking temps need to be 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- you dragon is going thru relocation stress his eating will be off but should be eating something-- the coil UVB is inadequate
So at night it gets down to 60 and i read that the heat pad thing isint good cause they absorb heat on their backs. What would work best to keep yoda warm at night

Broly

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
So at night it gets down to 60 and i read that the heat pad thing isint good cause they absorb heat on their backs. What would work best to keep yoda warm at night
You can use a CHE (ceramic heat emitter) to keep his vivarium warmer at night. Just don’t use any coloured ‘night time’ bulbs (ie. red or blue)

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Yoda has 3 crickets per day 1 for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Yoda needs a lot more crickets than that... you should allow Yoda to eat as many crickets as he/she wants in a 15-minute time period. Yoda could be severely stunted or even starve on that diet. Yoda also needs regular supplements in his/her diet. Yoda may not eat for the next few days, but when they do begin eating regularly offer 2-3 meals a day and a fresh salad.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes please feed him more than that ---- he needs fresh salads everyday even if he doesnt eat them --- here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Please order him some BSFL from here also known as calci worms -- nutri grubs-- phoenix worms I also recommend dubia roaches -- do not feed any insect bigger than the space between his eyes length wise -- I would also get him some small super worms to go on top of that salad feed as many BSFL as you want they are another great staple feeder I would order him large they are small do not dust the BSFL they are full of calcium -- www.dubiaroaches.com this place is really good -- feed salads first thing in the morning w/ BSFL on top and 1-3 super worms -- then add your staple feeder like the crickets which you will haft to disable them by taking a leg or two off the dubias work great -- you will need a glass or ceramic bowl like this
https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d so the insects / worms cant get out of ----
As long as your basking temps are correct and the UVB is good and in proper placement your dragon should start eating more as he acclimates to the his tank and surroundings --- let him adjust -- if he does not start eating more as time goes on then there is a issue --- make sure hes hydrated -- you can rinse your salads before serving that will give him moisture and make sure his insects are gut loaded -- feeding them carrots / sqaush will hydrate them just dont feed the dragons carrots too to much Vit A -- please ask if you have any more questions --