• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragon won’t shed his tail

Jassie1

Bearded Dragon Egg
I got my bearded dragon on June 18th and June 20th you can see the tail is going through shedding because it started looking the pale color. The only part that shredded off is the beginning of the tail and not the rest of the tail. He’s shedding his body and legs right now but his tail is still like pale white. Should I be concerned?
C0EB2CCB-4065-4591-8F4A-B9D00EE11918.jpeg

averyhanna_

Bearded Dragon Veteran
i wouldn’t be too concerned. you can help him out by giving a warm bath and using a soft bristle toothbrush to very gently scrub (scrub sounds harsh,, it’s more of a brush). however if it goes on a lot longer and he’s still not shedding you can check out some shedding aid. i saw another thread on here about how well it worked for her dragon!

Jassie1

Bearded Dragon Egg
i wouldn’t be too concerned. you can help him out by giving a warm bath and using a soft bristle toothbrush to very gently scrub (scrub sounds harsh,, it’s more of a brush). however if it goes on a lot longer and he’s still not shedding you can check out some shedding aid. i saw another thread on here about how well it worked for her dragon!
I tried a bath before and he didn’t like it so I’ll try again to see if he’ll like it and I do have some shedding aid and I sprayed it on his tail a day or two ago and nothing happen so I’ll try again. Thank you for the tips.

averyhanna_

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I tried a bath before and he didn’t like it so I’ll try again to see if he’ll like it and I do have some shedding aid and I sprayed it on his tail a day or two ago and nothing happen so I’ll try again. Thank you for the tips.
a lot of beardies dont like baths at first but they can learn to love them :) try petting him or feeding him a treat (mine likes blueberries!) so he associates the bath with good food!