• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragon Virgin?

SpecialNeedsBaby

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello, I have owned my male for at least 6 or 7 months and hes very close to me, recently i just bought a female and have been trying to get them to mate. Although the thing is......... Buddy dosent know what to do. He just bites her on the chin and on her eyebrows and things.. He dosent actually bite her on the neck, shake and do the deed. What can i do to help him? I have money for this breeding i just need to know how to help him.
015-1.jpg

Pumpkin-Mom-Top
Buddy-Dad-Bottom

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
alot depends on the age of the male. Young and Inexperienced males tend to do the hit and miss thing. they're much like teenage boys. Ever seen American Pie.................now relate that dragon behavior.
Another issue may be that he didn't properly cool down. Not all dragons require this, but many do.
As long as your female is a good decent age and weight (18 months and no less than 350 grams *I prefer more*) keep trying.
Keep in mind, that he like any other male of any species can get frustrated and just quit at some point if they're placed together continuously.