• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragon unsteady on his Feet

Teresa Parsons

Bearded Dragon Egg
A couple of weeks ago my beardie stopped eating and started stargazing, having seizures and flipping on to his back but was not able to right himself. I took him to the vets asap and they did an X-ray for MBD, blood tests and a mouth swab for ADV.

The x-ray was clear, the mouth swab for ADV was negative but the blood tests revealed very low Sodium and slightly low Protein. They gave him a Vitamin B1 injection and Sodium by intravenous drip and so far he has not had any more seizures.

I am having to force feed him without much if a problem and hydrate him as he is very unsteady on his feet and unable to eat by himself.

Does anyone know what could be wrong with him as the vets don't know what else to do? X

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Did you go to an exotic vet? To really test for ADV you need a blood test that gets sent out to a place called PATS I think it's in AZ. It takes about 1 1/2 weeks to get the results back from them.

What does his tank set up look like? What are you using for UVB and heat?