• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon renal failure

Bad Decision

Hatchling Dragon
Um, I'm not sure how to treat them, but if your beardie is experiencing them, I recommend taking him/her to the vet ASAP. I do know some symptoms, if your beardie is showing these symptoms for renal failure, pls take it to the vet, weak, lying down limp instead of standing erect, bad breath, dehydration causing sunken eyes, and thick, ropey mucus. here are some symptoms of cardiovascular disease you should look out for, anorexia or weight loss, or swelling in the heart area, pls take your beardie to the vet if he/she is showing any of these symptoms.

Christinealbright

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you. I did take him to the vet and that's what they told me was wrong with him. And that I should put him to sleep. The thing is the night I went to go see him to do that he seemed alert an dwanted to go home he just waouldnt use his legs. He slithered like a snake

Bad Decision

Hatchling Dragon
oh my, I did not expect to see that he slithered like a snake, that's kinda crazy, anyway, I think you should keep an eye on him and see if he gets better, if not than it is probably best to euthanize him because he doesn't want to go through that.